Classic CL 4030, CL 5036 and CL 6048 models are available as Dual Fuel Ready models. Dual Fuel Ready models can be fitted with an optional Fuel Oil, Natural Gas, or Propane burner. Classic CL 7260 and Pallet Burner models are standard Dual Fuel Ready models. Fuel burner is sold separately.
The Dual Fuel System has four modes of operation:
- Wood Only - The most economical choice. The wood mode allows you to operate the furnace burning only wood. Wood is a totally renewable resource.
- Clean Start™ - This wood burning mode allows the Dual Fuel Burner to operate for a selected period of time in the beginning of each burn cycle to create immediate high temperature in the secondary combustion area of the Ripple Top® and Heat Lock Baffle® firebox design. This mode also provides automatic backup with alternate fuel.
- Dual Fuel Backup - This mode automatically initiates the Dual Fuel Burner as a backup if you don't refuel the furnace with wood.
- Fuel Oil/LP/NG - This mode allows operation of the furnace when not firing with wood. The liquid propane, natural gas, and fuel oil* burners are shipped with a 150,000 BTU rating and may be increased for certain applications.
* Fuel oil must be at proper viscosity to operate correctly.
Laboratory test have shown efficiencies over 85% with these fuels. This flexible Dual Fuel system allows you to adapt the furnace to your individual heating needs. The Dual Fuel Ready option allows for easy installation of the oil or gas burner (not included in furnace price).
The Dual Fuel System control knob is located on the side panel pump cover. Pertinent information for the Dual Fuel System is mounted inside the side panel.
Optional Dual Fuel Burner available for Fuel Oil, LP, or NG. Burner is sold separately. Talk to your local dealer for more information.